Things happen and sometimes you must take time off to attend an important event, whether it is a doctor's appointment, a
family emergency, or you are sick. If so, no worries, as long as you follow procedures you will be fine. Follow the Code of
Student Conduct from Broward County School Board and do the following:
1. Ask peers about the work that you missed. All students are required to know or write the agenda and the objectives for
each lesson in their notebooks every day. Therefore, you will certainly find at least three reliable scholars who can inform
you of the work that you missed. Be sure to copy the agenda, the objectives, and the activity for the day that you missed as
well. Use your smart phone to take a picture of the notes, then copy the notes into your own notebook.
2. If you are unsuccessful getting the information from a peer, you can always see me before or after school.
3. During class or the change of periods is not the time to ask me about missing assignments.
4. According to school board policy, you have two days to make up work for classes, provided your absence was excused.
5. Always check the Agenda on this page at night to keep current on pending assignments, or email me at
email@example.com to ask me question.